UNC Charlotte’s Office of Research Commercialization and Development (ORCD) identifies, protects, and commercializes university research and intellectual property. The office works closely with faculty, students, and staff to help bring new technology and innovation to market. The office is available to assist the UNC Charlotte community in the following areas:
- Invention and Patent Process – The office is available to review new research and ideas to discuss intellectual property protection strategies such as patents, copyrights, trademarks, etc.
- Commercializing UNC Charlotte technology through start-up company formation and out-licensing transactions.
- Bayh-Dole Compliance. All inventions which results from federally funded research must be properly reported and managed under the Federal Bayh-Dole Act.
- Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Agreements (CDAs and NDAs). The technology transfer office is the main point of contact for all confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements between UNC Charlotte employees and outside parties.
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs).
- Conflict of interest.
Have an invention to report? Go to the "New Invention Submission"