On-Line Training (Required)
UNC Charlotte subscribes to CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative) for online human subjects research training.
NOTE: CITI offers full support for four browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Effective March 2015, CITI Program's website will block use of Internet Explorer version 7, which is now more than 8 years old, as it does earlier versions of IE. Site users will need to have IE 8 or later, or use a current version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari. For more details, click here.
Human Subjects Research Training Requirements:
- All research team members (Investigators, Co-investigators, Responsible Faculty, Research Associates, and Research Assistants) are required to complete human subjects training.
- Researchers who have completed training within the last four (4) years through the CITI program OR at another institution may provide documentation to the Compliance Office of this training to fulfill this requirement.
- Researchers who have not completed any human subjects training will need to complete at a minimum, a CITI Basics Course (Social & Behavioral, Biomedical, etc.).
- Depending on the details of the research as proposed in the protocol application, the Compliance Office may recommend additional training. As an example, an Investigator conducting research with children may be asked to complete the “Research with Children” module in addition to completing the Basic Social & Behavioral human subjects research course.
- NOTE: Do not confuse Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) training with human subjects research training. The CITI courses have similar course names. RCR training does not fulfill the human subjects training requirement.
Upcoming Training Events
The Office of Research Compliance offers the following training sessions for faculty, students, and staff who may conduct human subjects research.