Contracts Management offers the following services in support of UNC Charlotte faculty and staff who have received support for a sponsored project from external sources. Contract review and negotiation will generally occur after proposal submission, which includes having a complete set of signed Internal Processing Forms on file with the Office of Research Services & Outreach.
- Review award for compliance with proposal and budget
- Review award terms and conditions for acceptance
- Negotiate award with sponsor as needed
- Communicate with Principal Investigator(s) on problematic terms and conditions affecting the project
- Release to Post Award Management
- Initiate outgoing subcontracts in compliance with prime award
- Sign as authorized signatory for the University
The award mechanism and the sponsor will largely determine the length and complexity of the negotiation process. Regular updates shall be provided to the College Resource Officer and the Principal Investigator who should not start work on the project without a fully executed agreement.
Contracts Management contacts:
Nikki Simmons, Assistant Director, Contract Negotiations, 704-687-1885
Deborah Bolick, Senior Contracting Negotiator, 704-687-1883
Leslie Jenkins, Contracts Administrator, 704-687-1868
Hector Henry III, Senior Contracting Negotiator, 704-687-8879