Here are some resources for locating funding for your project. If you do not find what you need here, please contact Susan Robinson at 7-1869.
Funding Sources Databases:
- COS Pivot Funding Opportunities Database. Pivot, formerly the Community of Science (COS), is a subscription service provided by the University for faculty and staff with research responsibilities. The most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities, COS Pivot offers searches for many funding types in all disciplines. Users may customize optional funding alerts by email. For more information, contact Susan Robinson at 7-1869.
- Current COS Account-Holders. You must "claim" your existing COS Pivot profile in order to use Pivot to its fullest and update your profile. To claim your profile, log in to COS Pivot using your existing COS username and password. Your name is displayed in the upper right-hand corner. If you see a “claim profile” link, your profile needs to be linked to your Pivot account. Click “claim profile.”
- New COS Pivot Users. If you do not have a current COS account, go to pivot.cos.com and in the upper right-hand corner click “sign up.” You will receive a verification email which will include a link to Pivot.
- Foundation Directory Online. Search private foundations and corporate grantmakers in the U.S. Only one user can access at a time. Call 7-1869 for a password.
- NC OpenBook. Search North Carolina state government grant and financial assistance programs and awards made.
Faculty Research Grants (FRG).
UNC Charlotte, through its Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Economic Development, sponsors an internal Faculty Research Grants (FRG) program designed to assist faculty in conducting well-defined, purposeful, new research or creative or scholarly activities. Contact Lesley Brown
(phone: 7-1880) with questions about the 2013-14 program.
Limited Submission Programs: