The UNC Charlotte Office of Proposal Development (OPD) provides consultation services to faculty who are developing grant proposals. We can help you develop your research ideas, locate and evaluate funding sources, plan your proposal and budget strategies, develop your budget and edit and review your proposal drafts.
We're here to help you, so please contact us with your research questions and needs.
, Director. Lesley works with faculty to create interdisciplinary and multiple-collaborator grant proposals. She provides proposal consultation (development of fundable ideas, critical review, pre-award project management support) for faculty, and she works with new faculty to help them establish their research programs. Contact Lesley
, Coordinator of Information Services. Susan performs customized funding searches and helps faculty locate electronic information and forms. She can also help you set up or fine-tune your profile in the Community of Science faculty expertise database. Contact Susan
, Proposal Specialist. Joy assists faculty with proposal guideline review and proposal editing. She also conducts specialized information searches and can provide boilerplate text about UNC Charlotte information resources. Contact Joy
OPD is committed to helping you get funded, whether it is by finding a funding source for your research idea or by exploring ways to make your proposal more competitive. Our services include:
- Developing Research: We can help you develop your research ideas, plan your long-term research agenda, and learn how to leverage internal funds to attract external funds.
- Locating Funding: OPD maintains online resources that allow faculty to search for funding sources and list their expertise. We also perform custom funding searches and monitor and distribute print and electronic notices to faculty.
- Identifying Collaborators: We can help faculty form interdisciplinary proposal teams and help you find UNC Charlotte collaborators.
- Editing: We offer a range of editing and formatting services and can provide a critical reading of your proposal before it leaves campus.
- Training: OPD sponsors workshops on proposal writing and seminars featuring representatives from funding agencies. We also provide customized workshops for departments and colleges.
- Providing Resources: OPD recognizes that large-scale proposal efforts involving interdisciplinary teams frequently need resources such as travel, consultants, and clerical or student-wage support to produce a competitive proposal, and in most cases we can provide that support.