The following information gives institutional data and budget tips which are always used in preparing a proposal. Please refer to this information each time you prepare a proposal. The rates and percentages are updated as needed.
Entity Number: 1-560791228-A1
Federal Tax ID Number: 56-0791228
Congressional District: NC-012
DUNS ID Number: 06-630-0096
CAGE Code (Commercial & Government Entity): 4B857
FICE Code 002975
J-1 Visa Designation: P-1-4774
North American Industrial Classification (NAIC) Code: 611310
Federal Wide Assurance Number: 00000649
OLAW Animal Welfare Assurance Number: A3600-01
Institutional Profile File Number (for NIH applications): 578202
Raises for succeeding years should be estimated an average increase of two (2) percent per year. Raises are effective July 1 of each year.
- $7.25 / hour Student Temporary
- $10.75 / hour Non-student Temporary
- Actual rate based on job duties and responsibilities as described by Office of State Personnel
(updated 7/2/14 for FY15: July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015)*
Chart of Average Fringe Benefits Rates
As per Section II of the University’s Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Rate Agreement, UNC Charlotte uses fringe benefit rates for estimating direct fringe benefit costs on grant applications and contract proposals.
The below rates are based on average faculty & staff salaries for each Employee Category. If the average project salary is anticipated to be considerably lower, appropriate benefits should be calculated (Chart for estimating Fringe Benefits by salary). The reason is because health insurance is a static amount ($) per year and not a function of an employee's salary (rate %). As such, if the annual FTE salary is less than the average salary bases specified below, the effective rates associated with health insurance increase.
|FY 2012||FY 2013||FY 2014||FY 2015
|EPA Faculty & Staff||$70,000||27.7%||29.2%||29.2%||30.8%||31.2%||31.5%||31.8%||32.2%|
|Undergraduate / Graduate Student (SUMMER)*||7.95%||8.3%||7.95%||10.72%||10.72%||10.72%||10.72%||10.72%|
* Undergraduate & Non-Enrolled (Summer) Students and Temporary Employees do not receive health insurance.
To facilitate the budgeting of grant and contract proposals to external agencies, the Cost Analysis Unit of the Office of Grants & Contracts Administration has provided a four-year rate projection. Rates for fiscal years 2015-19 are based on approved/estimated/projected rates for medical insurance premiums paid for employees by the state, a biennial state directive on retirement rates, & impending Federal negotiation/approval for Claims-Made rates. If you have questions about these rates, please contact the Cost Analysis Unit at 704‑687‑1875.
Detail Breakdown of 2015 (estimated) Fringe Benefit Rates
|Employee Category||Retirement||FICA / Social Security||Claims-
|Total Fixed Fringe Rate w/o Health Insurance||Annual Health Insurance Premium||Average Fringe Benefit Rate|
|EPA Faculty & Staff||12.74%||7.65%||2.77%||23.2%||
|Undergraduate / Graduate Student (SUMMER)||0%||7.65%||3.07%||10.72%||-||10.72%|
|For more information, please see the links below:|
|Annual Health Insurance Premium Costs:||EPA / SPA:||North Carolina Senate Bill 402 - pg 328|
|Post Doc:||Postdoctoral Fellows - Benefits|
|Graduate Students:||UNC Charlotte Student Health Insurance|
|Retirement and FICA / Social Security|
- Include undergraduate/graduate student tuition as needed as a separate line item under other direct costs.
- Project yearly increases at 7.8% above the previous year's rate.
Facilities and Administrative Cost (Indirect/Overhead):
- Full facilities and administrative costs should be included in all proposals.
- Current Facilities & Administrative (F&A) rates are specified in the University’s Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Rate Agreement.
- Per Diem, In-State - $103.20
- Per Diem, Out-of-State - $117.70
- Mileage Reimbursement - $ 0.565/mile when state car is unavailable. Otherwise $0.30/mile utilizing personal vehicle when state car is available.